Tuesday 14 July 2015

Two Week Test

So countdown to 20th July begins

20th July 2015 is the start of the Two Week Test for me

The TWT can be explained here

The symptoms mentioned are below with my answers next to them

Poor concentration or sleepiness after meals. Yes

Increased intestinal gas or bloating after meals. Yes

Frequently hungry. Yes

Increasing abdominal fat or facial fat (especially cheeks). Yes

Frequently fatigued or low energy. Yes

Insomnia or sleep apnea. Yes

Waist size increasing with age. Yes

Fingers swollen/feeling “tight” after exercise. Once or twice

Personal or family history of diabetes, kidney or gall stones, gout, high blood pressure, high cholesterol/low HDL, high triglycerides, heart disease, stroke, breast cancer.  Yes

Low meat, fish or egg intake. Sometimes

Frequent cravings for sweets or caffeine. Yes

Polycystic ovary (ovarian cysts) for women. N/A

So there is good few symptoms there for me to address.

I've done low carb and no carb or less than x amount of carbs per day before but that was more for weight loss, this is for performance I want to be a fat burning machine so if weight loss happens as a byproduct that's a plus but it's not my main goal my focus is resolving my symptoms.

The harder part is the food I'm starting this mid month having put it off for 2 weeks due to family plans (meals out, my birthday etc) the 20th is set in stone and I can't wait

I've been trawling though the comments on the above link and this one check the comments on both regarding food choices and any queries you may have

This is just my introductory post I will aim to do a post every day/night from the 20th with my experiances, thoughts and feelings

**Next post will be regarding my food choices and meal ideas**

No comments:

Post a Comment