Monday 27 July 2015

TWT Day 8

Day 8.......so I've lasted a week another one to go and I'm excited for it

Today was temptation overload I've been to Blackpool with my wife,kids and her friend and her two boys

For those not from the UK... Blackpool is seaside town famous for it's Tower and Fair and typical seaside food hotdogs,donuts,ice cream, fish and chips,burgers etc all the food I can't eat

Food for today

Breakfast

2 boiled eggs and 30g of Brie

Lunch

250g mince with 90g mixed salad leaves,150ml sour cream 25g cheese 100g tomato

Dinner

Mixed Olives
King Prawns in lime and coriander dressing

Snacks

50g Mixed Nuts
Seafood Sticks (processed I know but only realised afterwards)

It wasn't that tough today overall just surreal I'm so used to being worse than the kids and craving all that type of food and getting it lol but I just didn't think about it you walk past hundreds of places selling the same things and it just wasn't an issue

It took a bit of clever timing I have my lunch at 11.30 while the kids were playing in arcade so I wasn't hungry while everyone had food including chips and mash etc not eating while other people eat aswell if strange but I fed my daughter (that's always fun haha)

Dinner was a struggle as we were planning on going KFC so I started doing my research in can I have anything I'd settled on salad with chicken but the chicken contains wheat flour and I was toying with the decision I'd half decided to have it and then fully decided not to and we couldn't go anyway, so of to a supermarket for tea and hoping for cooked chicken (no luck) and the pre packaged one most of them had rice flour in so that's a no no hence the olives and seafood.

I've enjoyed today and while not fully being tempted by things I'm sticking to my guns if asked and checking labels before hand to make sure it's suitable a practice that will become more important when adding food back in as I'll be working out what brings back my symptoms

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment